Micromachining on both sides of a workpiece in one operation
The ULTIMATE DUO is an innovative, fully-automated, 4 axis micro machining center for high speed drilling and milling of micro components (max. part size 80 x 80 x 10 mm). The innovation lies in the fact that it is now possible to machine a workpiece on both sides in a single operation. The miniaturization concept of the ULTIMATE allows to integrate up to two 4 axis machining centers OR milling centers into one modular work cell. The ULTIMATE is designed to offer:
- High stiffness
- High dynamic
- High productivity
- High accuracy
- Floor space reduction
- Low power consumption
The ULTIMATE DUO machine
- Increases the productivity by up to 300%
- Machining on both sides of the socket in one operation
- Increases the tool life by up to 200%
- Floor space saving of 80%
- Electrical energy savings of 80% or more
- Minimal temperature influence due to 80% less power consumption
- Dry process
- Fully automated solution
- Tool magazine capacity of 120 toolholders
Advanced µ-machining of test sockets with ULTIMATE DUO
In the electronics testing industry, the ULTIMATE DUO demonstrates outstanding capabilities in the micromachine of test sockets:
- Milling of round holes Ø 300 μm with pitch 350 μm in Torlon and Vespel material, thickness 500 μm and CT 0.6 sec
- Countersunk step hole Ø 3.0 mm depth 1 mm and Ø 2.5 mm depth 0.8 mm in Torlon material
- Step holes Ø 400 μm down to 650 μm with pitch 750 μm and through holes Ø 200 μm depth 650 μm in Vespel material
Our ULTIMATE Micromachining machine
Want to take advantage of ULTIMATE
The unique advanced mechanical micromachining solution to drill and mill on both sides of a workpiece in one operation.
Access advanced technologies
Electrical Discharge Machining - EDM
With the Electro-Erosion μ-machining - EDM technology, material is removed from a workpiece by current discharges between electrode and anode.
The FEMTOsecond LASER μ-machining technology consists of ultra-short pulses that hit the workpiece to vaporize a small amount of material.
Mechanical μ-machining technology enables highly detailed shapes and removes material of a workpiece with miniature wearable tools.